April 4, 2022
From Coast-to-Coast, CIVS is Canada’s national immigration firm specializing in helping entrepreneurial newcomers live the Canadian dream.
We have some great news from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada today!
Express Entry Will Resume in July
- This news was made by Immigration Minister Sean Fraser on April 22 and will end a month-long pause on FSW and CEC draws. Early in July this year, the Express Entry invitations will resume again.
- The vast majority of new Express Entry applications will be processed within the 6-month service standard. According to IRCC, current express Entry processing times range from 7 to 20 months.
International Students (PGWP extensions up to 18 months)
- Early this Summer 2022, former international students who are in Canada and have a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) expiring between January and December 2022 will qualify for an additional open work permit of up to 18 months. The new temporary policy will give recent international graduates with expiring temporary status an opportunity to stay in Canada longer, so that they can continue to gain work experience and have a better chance at qualifying for permanent residency
- IRCC is working on a simplified process and will provide further details “in the weeks ahead.” IRCC notes about 95,000 PGWPs will expire in 2022, and it estimates as many as 50,000 PGWP holders could benefit from this new open work permit.
- To support family reunification, the immediate family members included in a principal applicant’s permanent residence application who are outside of Canada will be eligible to get their own open work permit.
- Foreign nationals in Canada as visitors have been able to apply for an employer-specific work permit without having to leave Canada. Recognizing that those with visitor status in Canada may also wish to stay and find meaningful employment, this temporary public policy has been extended to February 28, 2023.
- Applicants will no longer be required to remain in Canada throughout the entire time their application is being processed.
- Applicants who also apply for an open work permit while they wait for their permanent residence application to be processed will be able to get work permits that are valid until the end of 2024. This will ensure all permanent residence applications will be finalized before applicants need to apply to extend their temporary status again.
- Those who applied for permanent residence through the temporary resident to the permanent resident pathway in 2021 will continue for some time.
Contact Us Today!
CIVS will assist you on your Permanent and Temporary Residence pathway to Canada.
Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner & Founder
RCIC & ICCRC Member R529731
Micky Singh,RCIC, Executive Director / Partner
RCIC & CICC Member R520129
Office: D-51 Janakpuri, New Delhi, India
WhatsApp: +1-778-929-7097 (CA)
Leave A Comment