Welcome to Canada!

From Coast-to-Coast, CIVS is Canada’s national immigration firm specializing in helping entrepreneurial newcomers live the Canadian dream.


Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner, Nikola Misina, Partner, and Steve Paolasini, Senior National Vice President, and the team at Canada Immigration and Visa Services (CIVS), proudly congratulate our clients from inside Canada and overseas for all the approvals of Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA), Work Permits, Study Permits and Permanent Residency.

Our clients who are approved under PR LMIA of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program will have a clear pathway to Permanent Residency in Canada through several pathways in Express Entry and potentially Provincial Nomination Programs. If you are an employer hiring a foreign worker, it can provide benefits to your organization by adding internationally skilled and experienced workers.

Foreign Workers through this skills transfer program help to address labour shortages and staffing challenges often faced by Canadian employers in the hospitality industry.

Read more for additional details on hiring foreign workers as an employer and for information on how to recruit foreign workers for placement in Canada.

About PR LMIA and Work Permit

The Government of Canada believes that foreign workers can help employers meet their labour needs when Canadians and permanent residents are not available. As part of this process, the government supports higher-skilled foreign workers based on their potential to become economically established in Canada and to assist employers to meet their skilled labour shortages. Employers who wish to hire skilled foreign workers and support their permanent resident visa application can make a job offer under Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry system. The job offer must meet the criteria of 1 of the listed economic immigration programs. These programs include:

Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • a higher-skilled position such as: management, professional, scientific, technical or trade occupations (National Occupational Classification (NOC), skill type 0, and skill levels A and B),
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week),
  • at least one year, and
  • a non-seasonal position

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • an eligible skilled trade or technical occupation (NOC skill level B),
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week), and
  • at least one year.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • a higher-skilled position such as: management, professional, scientific, technical or trade occupations (National Occupational Classification (NOC), skill type 0, and skill levels A and B),
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week),
  • at least one year, and
  • a non-seasonal position.

Note: Foreign Temporary Workers working in Canada may be eligible for permanent residency, provided they meet IRCC requirements. For more information on the pathways to permanent residence for TFWs, Contact us. 

Source: Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

How to Find LMIA Supported Jobs in Canada

Labour Shortages in Canada – New Opportunities

About Study Permit: 

Whether you are looking to come for your first undergraduate degree or would like to find a specialization via a Diploma or Certificate, Canada offers a wide variety of programs and resources for International Students.

Canada welcomes thousands of International Students per year and at CIVS we are here to help you transition from your home country directly into any Canadian classroom and online classes.

The Study Permit is a document that Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issues to allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada and you should apply before you travel to Canada.

Eligibility requirements

You can study in Canada if you are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI), prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and have return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, you should obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required), are in good health and get a medical exam (if required) and to prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires.

Working in Canada as a student

Most post-secondary students can work on or off campus during their studies without a work permit. To do this, you need to meet all the requirements and check the conditions on your study permit.

Contact us to learn more about the requirements for working on campus, working off campus, working as a co-op student or intern, helping your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada, staying in Canada after graduation.

About the Owner Operator Pathway:

The Owner Operator pathway is an efficient process by which foreign nationals may permanently resettle to Canada by starting or purchasing a business.

For the  Owner Operator LMIA investor immigrant pathway, the process can be summarized in the following manner:

  1. Become a majority shareholder in an eligible Canadian business or prepare to start your own business in Canada.
  2. Submit an application for an Owner Operator LMIA to ESDC (Service Canada) for approval with the support of a professional RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant).
  3. Once a positive LMIA has been achieved, apply for a Work Permit through an RCIC with the approved LMIA that will be valid for the next 1-2 years.
  4. Now that you have a positive LMIA and valid work permit, you can own and operate your business in Canada. During this time, while consulting with an RCIC, you can apply for permanent residency to Canada through Express Entry or a Provincial Nominee Program depending on your credentials and situation.

Of course, before purchasing or investigating starting a business, Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) should be obtained so you can travel in and out of Canada. 

The owner-operator LMIA stream may be the best pathway for you and your family to immigrate to Canada, especially if you have an existing business, experience in business, and relatively high net worth. For more information on the Owner-Operator LMIA pathway, please visit the Business Entrepreneur Immigration section on our website or our Blog which has an extensive amount of content and articles to help inform you of the process. Specifically, the article linked here outlines the step by step process for the Federal LMIA Owner Operator Pathway to Permanent Residency for business owners. 

Seek an Immigration consultant before applying for your Permanent Residency

Read more to learn. Click here


Pictured below is with Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner of the Team at Canada Immigration and Visa Services and his team.


Contact us for more inquiries about your pathway to Canada!

Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner & Founder
RCIC & ICCRC Member R529731
Office: +1-587-400-3350
Fax: +1-587-400-4515
WhatsApp: +1-587-703-9805
Email: sean.mckinsley@civs.ca

Micky Singh, Executive Director / Partner
Office: D-51 Janakpuri, New Delhi, India
Email: micky.singh@civs.ca
WhatsApp: +1-778-929-7097 (CA)  |  +917838000097 (IND)

Connie Kwok, Director of Asia Pacific
WhatsApp: +1-403-401-8423
Email: connie@civs.ca

Nikola Misina, Partner
RCIC & ICCRC Member R524218
Office: +1-587-400-3350
Fax: +1-587-400-4515
WhatsApp: +1-587-893-7427
Email: nikola.misina@civs.ca

Steve Paolasini, Senior National Vice-President, B. Eng
Office: +1-587-400-3350
Fax: +1-587-400-4515
WhatsApp: +1-587-703-9805
Email: steve.paolasini@civs.ca