Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner, Nikola Misina, Partner, and Steve Paolasini, Senior National Vice President, Canada Immigration and Visa Services, proudly congratulate our dear friend and client, Brijeesh Singh, for receiving his Work Permit associated with his approved LMIA, at the Coutts Land Border Crossing in Alberta yesterday.
Brijeesh met CIVS at our Owner Operator Seminar in Delhi last October (2019). His Owner Operator LMIA was approved early this year and shortly thereafter, Brijeesh was invited to apply for Permanent Residency. His Permanent Residency application to Canada is currently processing within the Express Entry system. On November 6th, Nikola Misina, Partner, accompanied Brijeesh Singh to the Coutts Land Border Crossing between Alberta, Canada and Montana, USA to successfully obtain his Work Permit as CEO and Director of his Canadian Company, Bricana Ventures.
Applying at a land Port of Entry (POE), with an approved Canadian Visa and LMIA, allows for single day Work Permit processing known as a flagpole procedure. CIVS wishes to thank the CBSA Officers for processing the Work Permit allowing Brijeesh to work in his company and contribute to the fight against COVID-19.
CIVS is delighted that Brijeesh is now a Work Permit holder on worker status in Canada while he awaits his Permanent Residency in Canada.
Permanent Residents of Canada can become Canadian citizens in about 3 years and have many of the privileges shared by all Canadians including universal health care, top-notch education, and a first-class lifestyle.
We also want to thank everyone for making our acclaimed publications about business investment immigration and the Owner Operator Pathway to Canada top-ranked through Amazon books. These publications include the following:
- Owner Operator LMIA Guidebook
- Owner Operator LMIA Guidebook Hong Kong Edition
- Intra Company Transferees (ICT) Guidebook
- How to Find LMIA Jobs in Canada, Start-up Visa Guidebook
- The Rural Alberta Advantage for Investor Immigrants
- Why Immigrants Should Choose Alberta, Canada for Permanent Residence
These publications may be supplemented by purchasing an extended resources version through our website https://civs.ca/resources/
The extended version online is suited for those individuals who wish to see examples of real-life submissions to the government of Canada under the Owner Operator program.
There are also additional resources available for digital download via https://civs.ca/resources/ including sample business plans, template documents and video tutorials.
We also provide professional service packages on an hourly and flat fee basis.
About the Owner Operator Pathway:
The Owner Operator pathway is an efficient process by which foreign nationals may permanently resettle to Canada by starting or purchasing a business.
For the Owner Operator LMIA investor immigrant pathway, the process can be summarized in the following manner:
- Become a majority shareholder in an eligible Canadian business or prepare to start your own business in Canada.
- Submit an application for an Owner Operator LMIA to ESDC (Service Canada) for approval with the support of a professional RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant).
- Once a positive LMIA has been achieved, apply for a Work Permit through an RCIC with the approved LMIA that will be valid for the next 1-2 years.
- Now that you have a positive LMIA and valid work permit, you can own and operate your business in Canada. During this time, while consulting with an RCIC, you can apply for permanent residency to Canada through Express Entry or a Provincial Nominee Program depending on your credentials and situation.
Of course, before purchasing or investigating starting a business, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) should be obtained so you can travel in and out of Canada.
The owner-operator LMIA stream may be the best pathway for you and your family to immigrate to Canada, especially if you have an existing business, experience in business, and relatively high net worth. For more information on the Owner-Operator LMIA pathway, please visit the Business Entrepreneur Immigration section on our website or our Blog which has an extensive amount of content and articles to help inform you of the process. Specifically, the article linked here outlines the step by step process for the Federal LMIA Owner Operator Pathway to Permanent Residency for business owners.
For more information on being a Canadian investor immigrant and obtaining permanent residency, please contact us.
Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner & Founder
RCIC & ICCRC Member R529731
Nikola Misina, Partner
RCIC & ICCRC Member R524218
Steve Paolasini, Senior National Vice-President, B. Eng