Nikola Misina, Partner, Canada Immigration and Visa Services, proudly congratulates our clients for all the LMIA and Work Permit approvals and in Revelstoke, British Columbia as being granted PR LMIA and High Wage LMIA  approvals under the Owner Operator  and for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. We also have Study Permit and Work Permit approvals from our clients from different parts of the world.

Our clients were approved back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back for the week ending September 12, 2020. It’s our privilege to now assist our clients in applying for their Work Permits and/or Permanent Residence in Canada.


We also want to thank everyone for making our acclaimed publications about business investment immigration and the Owner Operator Pathway to Canada in becoming the top-ranked through Amazon books. These publications include and can be found through Amazon:

  1. Owner Operator LMIA Guidebook
  2. Owner Operator LMIA Guidebook Hong Kong Edition
  3. Intra Company Transferees (ICT) Guidebook
  4. How to Find LMIA Jobs in Canada Guidebook
  5. Start Up Visa 
  6. The Rural Alberta Advantage for Investor Immigrants
  7. Why Immigrants Should Choose Alberta, Canada for Permanent Residence

This publication may be supplemented by purchasing an extended resources version through our website 

The extended version online is suited for those individuals who wish to see examples of real-life submissions to the government of Canada under the Owner Operator program.

There are also additional resources available for digital download via including sample business plans, template documents and video tutorials.

We also provide professional service packages on an hourly and flat fee basis.

About Study Permit: 

Whether you are looking to come for your first undergraduate degree or would like to find a specialization via a Diploma or Certificate, Canada offers a wide variety of programs and resources for International Students.

Canada welcomes thousands of International Students per year and at CIVS we are here to help you transition from your home country directly into any Canadian classroom and online classes.

The Study Permit is a document that Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issues to allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada and you should apply before you travel to Canada.

Eligibility requirements

You can study in Canada if you are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI), prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and have return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, you should obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required), are in good health and get a medical exam (if required) and to prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires.

Working in Canada as a student

Most post-secondary students can work on or off campus during their studies without a work permit. To do this, you need to meet all the requirements and check the conditions on your study permit.

Contact us to learn more about the requirements for working on campus, working off campus, working as a co-op student or intern, helping your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada, staying in Canada after graduation.

About PR LMIA and Work Permit: 

Approval of PR LMIA and Work Permit 

The Government of Canada believes that foreign workers can help employers meet their labour needs when Canadians and Permanent residents are not available. As part of this process the government supports higher-skilled foreign workers based on their potential to become economically established in Canada and to assist employers to meet their skilled labour shortages.Employers who wish to hire skilled foreign workers and support their permanent resident visa application can make a job offer under Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry system. The job offer must meet the criteria of 1 of the listed economic immigration programs. These programs include:

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • a higher-skilled position such as: management, professional, scientific, technical or trade occupations (National Occupational Classification (NOC), skill type 0, and skill levels A and B),
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week),
  • at least one year, and
  • a non-seasonal position

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • an eligible skilled trade or technical occupation (NOC skill level B),
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week), and
  • at least one year.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • a higher-skilled position such as: management, professional, scientific, technical or trade occupations (National Occupational Classification (NOC), skill type 0, and skill levels A and B),
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week),
  • at least one year, and
  • a non-seasonal position.

Note: Foreign Temporary Workers working in Canada may be eligible for permanent residency, provided they meet IRCC requirements. For more information on the pathways to permanent residence for TFWs, Contact us. 

About the Owner Operator Pathway:

The Owner Operator pathway is an efficient process by which foreign nationals may permanently resettle to Canada by starting or purchasing a business.

For the  Owner Operator LMIA investor immigrant pathway, the process can be summarized in the following manner:

  1. Become a majority shareholder in an eligible Canadian business or prepare to start your own business in Canada.
  2. Submit an application for an Owner Operator LMIA to ESDC (Service Canada) for approval with the support of a professional RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant).
  3. Once a positive LMIA has been achieved, apply for a Work Permit through an RCIC with the approved LMIA that will be valid for the next 1-2 years.
  4. Now that you have a positive LMIA and valid work permit, you can own and operate your business in Canada. During this time, while consulting with an RCIC, you can apply for permanent residency to Canada through Express Entry or a Provincial Nominee Program depending on your credentials and situation.

Of course, before purchasing or investigating starting a business, Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) should be obtained so you can travel in and out of Canada. 

The owner-operator LMIA stream may be the best pathway for you and your family to immigrate to Canada, especially if you have an existing business, experience in business, and relatively high net worth. For more information on the Owner-Operator LMIA pathway, please visit the Business Entrepreneur Immigration section on our website or our Blog which has an extensive amount of content and articles to help inform you of the process. Specifically, the article linked here outlines the step by step process for the Federal LMIA Owner Operator Pathway to Permanent Residency for business owners. 

Contact Us

For more information on being a Canadian investor immigrant and/or obtaining Study Permit, Work Permit and Permanent Residency, please contact us.

Sean G McKinsley, Managing Partner & Founder
RCIC & ICCRC Member R529731
Office: +1-587-400-3350
Fax: +1-587-400-4515
WhatsApp: +1-587-703-9805

Nikola Misina, Partner
RCIC & ICCRC Member R524218
Office: +1-587-400-3350
Fax: +1-587-400-4515
WhatsApp: +1-587-893-7427

Steve Paolasini, Vice-President, B. Eng
Office: +1-587-400-3350
Fax: +1-587-400-4515
WhatsApp: +1-587-703-9805