Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is currently accepting the applications of permanent residence for Caregivers who are eligible for an in-home temporary foreign worker who came to Canada after November 30, 2014. The Interim Pathway is to give chance and acknowledgement to those caregivers who did not qualify for permanent residence right after November 30, 2014. This program will be temporarily be open until June 4, 2019.
The program is address for individuals who have acquired work experience through Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program and matches the
intermediate skill level of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) GROUP 4411 OR 4412. In order to be eligible for the Interim Pathway, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Candidate must intend to reside outside of Quebec
- Authorization to work in Canada on a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) work permit (at the time of applying); or
- Applied for a renewal of a work permit other than a LCP work Permit; or
- Applied and is eligible for restoration of status, and held a work permit other than the LCP work permit as their most recent work permit; and
- Language skills of at least a CLB/NCLC 5 in English or French; and
- 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada since November 30,2014, in a relevant occupation; and
- A minimum of Canadian high school diploma or non-Canadian educational diploma, certificate or credential that’s equal to a Canadian high school diploma.
- Foreign credentials will require an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) – issued with five years before the date of application by an approved organization – that indicates that the foreign diploma, certificate or credentials is equivalent to a completed Canadian secondary school diploma.
- If a candidate whose educational credential was obtained outside Canada and cannot obtain ECA before the Interim Pathway closes, they would still be eligible provided a proof that they have applied to get an ECA.
Caregivers who are currently or recently under the Live-in Caregiver Program will not be eligible for the Interim Pathway.
To catch up the time remaining before the pathway closes, contact us for assistance to your road way to Canadian Permanent Residence!